Birth Mother Application
Welcome to the beginning of your journey. Please read the following information to help you as you complete your application.
The Statements of Understanding is a list of 26 statements that demonstrate your understanding about your rights and role in the adoption process.
Open it here. You'll need to check the box beside each statement.
- As you can probably imagine, we need to collect a lot of information to carry out the adoption process and to support you through your pregnancy. There are several forms to fill out. We've included a checklist to help you keep track of where you are in the process.
- If you need to stop working on your application mid-way through the checklist, click the red "Continue Later" button at the bottom of each application page. This will email you a link to go directly to the point where you left off. For your privacy, that email will not include any reference to Heart to Heart Adoptions or to the word "adoption."
- If you had to walk away or lose your internet connection and didn't request that email link, you can still pick up where you left off. You can use our contact page to email your support team and request that they send you a link to your next step.
- To make completing the application as easy as possible, the site uses a cookie to remember your basic information and automatically enter information you're already submitted to us. Please note: If you've disabled cookies or if you're using a public computer, this feature may not work.
This online application is just the beginning. Following are the steps you can expect to take in your adoption journey.
Completing his application. Complete the online forms listed in the checklist. Every time you complete a form, you'll get an email with a PDF version of your submission (unless you choose to opt out of receiving emails for privacy reasons). Please review the PDFs to ensure you've answered everything correctly and provided everything we need.
Getting your MasterCard. After we get your application materials, we'll mail you a package that will contain a reloadable MasterCard.
Planning where you will deliver. You will have the option of staying where you are or moving to a comfortable apartment in Utah, that we will provide, where you will be able to stay until your delivery.
Choosing an adoptive family. Based on what you want in an adoptive family, we will select profiles of families and you will be able to choose a family from these profiles. You can have a phone call, Skype or FaceTime with the family and/or meet them.
Delivering the baby and placing with the adoptive family. Depending on where you deliver, we and/or the adoptive family can be at the hospital with you or we can come later. You can spend as much or as little time as you want with the baby while in the hospital.
Your transition plan. We can help with finances for the period following your delivery to help you transition from pregnancy to the next phase of your life.
Post-Placement support. We will be available to help facilitate communication between you and your adoptive family and provide support and counseling for as long as you feel you may need it.
Heart to Heart has many different services to support you during this time.
- 24-hour Support via toll free phone, text, email, 1-877-624-3278 or text 801-871-5773
- Confidential Counselors- to support you during and after your pregnancy
- Financial help for all expenses that are pregnancy related.
- Post Placement Financial help after the baby is born.
- Housing Support- Help with rent and utilities, if needed.
- Housing- An apartment in Utah with full support if needed.
- Transportation- including temporary relocation to housing in Utah.
- Group Activities with other Birth Mothers when in Utah
Adoptive Families that you can choose from for you and your child
- Emotional support and child care, if needed, during your labor and delivery
- Openness- Choose the level of openness with adoptive family (open, semi-open, closed)
- Contact with your baby and adoptive family after placement
Facing an unexpected pregnancy is a life-changing experience; one we don’t want you to go through alone.
Call us at 877-437-3424 anytime day or night.
You can also text us any time ANYTIME at 801-871-5773.
Seriously. Anytime. For any reason.
That's what we're here for.
877-437-3424 toll free
MEET YOUR TEAM
Call Us Anytime
Toll Free: 877-437-3424
Email or Text Anytime
Application Progress Checklist
Step 1 - Primary Application Information
Step 2 - Release of Information
Step 3 - Submit photos and identification
Step 4 - Financial Worksheet
Step 5 - Declaration Concerning the Biological Father
Step 6 - Brief Health History
Step 7 - Social Health History
Enter your email and we'll send you a link to this page so I can continue later. For your privacy, the words Heart to Heart or Adoption will not be used in the email at all.