Many women find themselves faced with unplanned pregnancies. When a woman is faced with the decision to have her baby and offer him/her up for adoption or choose abortion, this difficult decision is met with turmoil, uncertainty and a sense of overwhelming loneliness. The reasons these women should consider placing their child up for adoption instead of abortion include the following:
- Abortion – While studies show that four out of 10 pregnancies result in a termination, 88-percent of these pregnancies are concluded within the first trimester. Seventy-percent of women who report having an abortion say they look back with negative feelings and regret.
- Assistance – Instead of choosing to terminate and end a baby’s life, birthmothers can place their babies for adoption with reputable adoption firms, such as Heart to Heart Adoptions in Utah. Heart to Heart Adoptions is a national non profit adoption agency. They offer exceptional assistance for pregnant mothers, including free medical care, housing, financial assistance and counseling support. Adoption is considered a gift of life.
- Benefits – Reports show that adopted children grow up feeling loved. They often experience a stable home environment and adoption gives these children the opportunity to be a part of permanent families. In addition, birthmothers benefit from adoption, as this allows them to continue school and fulfill their lifelong career dreams.
- Selection Process – Adoption gives birthmothers the option to select an adoptive family that best meets their needs and expectations. Whether they want their children raised with religious preferences, or want to make sure they are going into homes that are well cared for, adoption offers a number of options for birthmothers.
- Adoption Types – If a birthmother chooses a closed adoption, her privacy will be respected and no contact with the baby after birth will be made. However, most often women prefer an open adoption, allowing her to have contact with her child sharing letters and photos with the adoptive family.
- Approvals – Couples must be approved by agencies prior to be considered fit for the adoption process. This includes background checks, financial reviews and in-home inspections.
- Birthfathers – Agencies are also experienced working with birthfathers that may not want to give up their legal rights to their children. Having a go-between in certain situations is necessary to allowing a birthmother to have a healthy, happy pregnancy.
- The Gift – Adoption is giving a couple the gift of life and the ultimate gift of starting their own family. While some birthmothers report feeling sad after the baby is delivered, ending a pregnancy through abortion is not something that can ever be undone. It’s a final decision that has lasting consequences, both mentally and physically. Instead of choosing abortion, a birthmother can choose to share her gift of life with a family.
Heart to Heart specializes in working with birthmothers. They strive to walk both birthparents and adoptive parents through the adoption process, ultimately helping bring joy to families that adopt children.