Heart to Heart Adoptions supports women who are pregnant and placing their child for adoption. We recognize that pregnancy can create a financial strain. We can help you. Though everyone’s situation varies, these are our general guidelines.
Requirements to receive financial support:
- Provide us the following documents:
- Information Packet- Completed, especially the “Release of Information”
- Medical Records showing the date the baby is due.
- Documents of the follow-up packet including- Social/Medical History
- 26 weeks pregnant.
- Be certain you plan to place the child for adoption. Occasionally, we have women say they are doing an adoption, because they just want the financial support. This is fraudulent and can result in legal action.
- An occasional phone conversation. There is so much that can’t be conveyed via text. Sometimes we just need to talk to you and hear your voice.
- Follow the guidelines as explained below.
- A biweekly phone conversation. This is either over the phone, Facetime, Skype.
What Financial Support we provide
The laws of the state where you reside determine what financial support we can provide. In general, we can provide the following, both during pregnancy with additional help following delivery and placement of the child.
- A way to communicate – Phone
- A place to live- Rent, mortgage, etc.
- Required, essential utilities such as electricity etc.
- Food and other personal needs
- Essential transportation required for your care and the pregnancy. This is generally public transportation. We don’t make care payments, etc.
Tips for your Adoption Advantage Master Card
We will load money onto this card for your support. You can use this card for most purchases. There is no money on the card until we load it.
Your PIN number is the year you were born.
Warning: If you go to an ATM to find out how much money is on the card, you will be charged an “Acquirer convenience fee” of $2-3.00. Sometimes you are charged an “Issue fee-Inquiry” of $1-3.00. If you withdraw cash, you will be charged an “Issuer fee” of generally $2.50.
If you want to avoid these fees, but want cash, we recommend that you go to a store and purchase something, then ask for cash back.
Be Careful not to loan your card out to anyone. Unfortunately, they will often spend the money on your card.
If you lose the card, call us immediately. Once we know the card is lost, we can stop the funds from being used.
Enjoy your card.