We’re here to support you in finding the perfect adoptive family for your child. Here’s a guide to lead you through the process:
Step 1: Application Form
- Fill out the application to share your feelings about:
- Open adoption – a chance for communication through pictures, videos, and messages, and the possibility of meeting yearly.
- Closed adoption – if you prefer more privacy.
- Family demographics – choose if your child will have siblings, be an only child, and if you prefer a married couple, a single parent, or couples of any orientation.
- Spiritual expectations – decide the religious or spiritual exposure level aligned with your beliefs.
- Importance of location – know about the geographic area where your child will live.
- Preferences in activities and lifestyle – specify activities you’d like your child to participate in.
- Exposure to specific skills – if you have a talent, decide if you want your child to learn it (e.g., music, art, sports).
- Educational opportunities – choose a family that values education, including high school and college graduations.
Step 2: Personal Guidance from Darla
- Meet Darla, our heartful expert from Heart to Heart Adoptions.
- She’ll discuss your unique desires and concerns with you.
Step 3: Adoptive Family Selection
- Darla is well-acquainted with all potential birth families.
- She carefully reviews their home studies and family profiles to find your perfect match. In special cases, she may reach out to other agencies to meet your specific needs.
Step 4: Access to Family Profiles
- Darla will provide access to profiles of potential adoptive families that match your criteria.
- You can receive these profiles electronically or as a hard copy, whichever is more convenient for you.
Step 5: Reviewing Family Profiles
- Take your time to go through these profiles.
- If you wish to talk to the families, we’re here to help arrange those conversations.
- Some birth mothers feel an instant connection, while others prefer to see additional profiles.
Step 6: Questions and Communication
- Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
- Do you want to keep in touch with your selected family throughout your pregnancy? Let us know, and we’ll make it happen. This contact can be through phone calls, Facetime, or other means. Some families meet in the park or for a meal. All of these communications are facilitated by our Heart to Heart coordinator.
Step 7: Creating a Birthing Plan
- You can decide on the birthing plan that feels right for you.
- Would you like the potential adoptive parents to be at the hospital? Would you like to meet them before giving birth?
Remember, your comfort and preferences are our top priority. We’re here to support you every step of the way.